PDA

查看完整版本 : Re : Early ski in europe

snoopylaups
2010-06-20, 12:58
Do anyone know when start the ski season in europe usually? & where ?
I have 3 weeks at early Dec, just thinking where can i go for a ski in europe?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
2010-06-20, 13:28
Do anyone know when start the ski season in europe usually? & where ?

Somewhere high in altitude is recommended. Although early December is a bit early in the season, some resorts in the Alps do get fair amount of snow by then.

Val d'isere and Tignes are amongst the“snow-sure" ski areas that enable skiers from November until early May. Snow cannons and glaciers are located at an altitude of over 3,000m, so ....

Val Thorens is the other resort for early skiing. It boasts the highest resort in Europe at a level of 2,200m in the Alps. The Péclet glacier provides perfect ski runs.

There are other resorts in Switzerland and Austria which you can consider, just choose one which has good track record for early snowfall.

saikee
2010-06-21, 01:23
I use bergfex.com (http://www.bergfex.com/) and they have the season opening dates published for a lot of sites. Bergfex is a free site providing all the skiing information one needs for piste map, opening time, ski passes and accommodations. The information allow you to select a cheap place to stay like a cow shed or 5 star hotel. Pretty reliable and down to earth. This March we stayed in Flachau of Ski Amade paying about 50 Euro for half board per head in a en-suite twin room.

Many Swiss resorts seem to open in mid November.

Bergfex only covers Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Italy and the information is very comprehensive.

Don't know anything as complete and central as Bergfex for the French resorts but they don't enjoy early snow as the mountainous terrains as in Austria and Switzerland in the early season. If you want good snow you might have to pick less populated regions like
Graubünden (http://www.bergfex.com/graubuenden/) (Flims, Davos, ST Moritz) instead of the crowdy Valais (PDS, Crans Montana, Verbier)

The disadvantage of skiing early in the season is that the resort may be open but only with a small percentage of the lifts operational.

Mike's idea of sticking with somewhere with a high altitude is a sound advice.